I perform throughout Northern California at weddings, memorials,
parties, openings and ceremonial events of all types.
The sound of the pipes lends an elegant touch to any event whether somber or celebratory.
With over 30 years as a professional piper and a repertoire of hundreds of tunes, I work closely with clients to select exactly the right music for their setting!
Not all bagpipers sound the same. If you are
thinking of hiring a piper listen to him first:
( from my CD: "Art Music for the Highland Bagpipe: Meditations & Marches")
Click and Listen to Amazing Grace
Recent Thank You letters / Testimonials:December, 2012 Peter Kapp played a wonderful farewell to my uncle Col Stanley McMaster in the Marin hills in December 2012. Not only was his music both inspirational and moving, but he cut a magnificent figure in full highland fig, standing silhouetted against the afternoon sun. His presence both enhanced and dignified a sad but important occasion in our family history'. Cheers,
( author: All Gone to Look for America, 1978; the Berlin Wall, my part on its downfall)
November 2012 Peter Kapp played the bagpipes at my father's funeral last week. His music and presentation made for a wonderful tribute to my father's Northern Irish heritage. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend him. I will be forever grateful for his contribution to the ceremony. Thanks again, Peter
Marnie MacMasters and family
May 25, 2012 Dear Peter, I just wanted to write you and tell you how much I appreciated what you did for us, yesterday, at my father-in-law's funeral. Your playing was amazing and everyone commented on how nice it was that you were there and how great your playing is. You were professional, sympathetic, and intuitive. I can't tell you how glad I am that somehow I was able to pick you out of all the other bagpipers in the area.
As my 12-year-old son said, "Wow! The bagpiper really made me feel emotion. Really sad." Which is exactly what I wanted to happen - so that the experience could be more real for him. And, then my son added, "he really made the whole day."
And, thank you for playing "ode to joy." Beethoven is my most favorite composer and I loved that you ended the ceremony with that cry to heaven.
Best to you, Peter. - Mae McLean
Credits and Accomplishments:
- Credits include two film sound tracks: Disney Studios "Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks" and 20th Century Fox "Patton" as well as Television appearances.
- Played in Washington DC inside the Capitol Rotunda for a Peace Corps Event and at the Arlington Cemetery.
- Have performed at weddings in Canada, Portugal, Colombia, and in Scotland. Played recitals in USA and in Mexico.
- Performed at Burns Night Suppers in California and in Australia.
- Have competed as a soloist in USA, Canada, and Scotland and have played in four top-level competition bands.
- Played at countless memorials and military funerals
- Studied piping with the best in the business, primarily with the late Donald Ramsay.
- Have played recitals in Sicily and in Kenya.
- Performed at folk festivals in Poland.
- Busked all over Switzerland and in Vienna.
- Taught bagpipes at Humboldt State University, In California, in the Scottish Studies program and played as part of the Scottish studies a series of classical bagpipe music recitals in Arcata, California, on their radio